Welcome to Inspirational Discussions

It is a pleasure to have you visit and share with me in my discussions, blogs and Christian studies.

Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Safety in Christ: Psalm 27:1-2


The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? When the wicked, even mine enemies and my foes, came upon me to eat up my flesh, they stumbled and fell.
                                                           
Today's message is a continuation of yesterday's discussion, which talked about our strength being in the Lord. Our lesson study answers two profound questions as they relate to fear and being of afraid of the evil one (man) when he devises evil schemes that are designed to cause us to stumble and fall. We have no fear because as stated in our lesson texts that the Lord is my (our) light and salvation. The term salvation in itself means deliverance. That said, Christ our Savior has and will continue delivering us from all hurt harm and danger.
We are to fear the Lord with admiration, honor, respect, and glory. We honor God for who He is, what He has done and continues to do in our lives. We are to fear only the Lord because Jesus Christ has defeated Satan who has no victory over us.
If the question was raised, what are we to do in the face of the evilness we will encounter? We are to stand firm in Christ because He is our safety net, who promised to be with us always. Psalm 91:1-5 provides reassurances of our true protector, which states in parts as follows: He that dwelleth in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler. Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day;
Stay with the Lord, trust Him and never doubt.

Comments are welcomed.
Author's contacts:


No comments: