Welcome to Inspirational Discussions

It is a pleasure to have you visit and share with me in my discussions, blogs and Christian studies.

Thursday, March 16, 2017

God Answers Prayer



Jonah 1:17; 2:1-10

Now the Lord had prepared  a great fish to swallow up Jonah, and Jonah was in the belly of the fish three days and three nights. Then Jonah prayed unto the Lord his God of the fish's belly, and said, I cried by reason of mine affliction unto the Lord, and He heard me; out of the belly of hell cried I, and thou heardest my prayer.

The story of Jonah and his rebellion when God told him to go preach to the city of Nineveh, and his refusal resulted in Jonah being swallowed by a fish that many scholars say was a whale. Whatever the fish was God allowed Jonah to remain in the fish's belly for three days and nights. Jonah came to his senses and realized that his disobedience was the reason he  was in the belly of the fish.
God has a way of getting your attention to carried out His will. In this case it was God's desire for Jonah to preach to the citizens of Nineveh. God knew who in that city would be saved. In the end Jonah preached with a heartfelt commitment to his work.
The moral of this story is obedience is better than sacrifice and it is wise to answer God's call and go where He wants you to go. This is because as ambassadors of God we are never alone. Then we can say, Lord I will go where You want me to go and will do what You want me to do.
Just as God answered Jonah out of the belly of a fish, He will answer you and me.
We welcome your comments.
Author’s contacts:


No comments: