Welcome to Inspirational Discussions

It is a pleasure to have you visit and share with me in my discussions, blogs and Christian studies.

Monday, February 9, 2015

Sustained By God



Psalm 3:4-5; 4:7-8

I cried unto the Lord with my voice, and He heard me out of His holy hill. I laid me down and slept; I awaked, for the Lord sustained me.

As I began a two part discussion series reflecting on the goodness of the Lord; today's focus is being sustained by God, and Friday's message; Thank God for His Deliverance.
Being sustained by God speaks to His love, grace, mercy and goodness simply because He is love and His love is on display in all that He does. Our lesson text speaks the love of God being that He hears our cry when we call upon His holy name and is faithful to answer our prayers. We can lie down to sleep each night with assured confidence that no hurt harm or danger will come upon us as we sleep. He dispatches His angels to watch over us as we sleep. He then wakes us each morning to a fresh new day with the blessings of His grace, love, mercy and favor. We are then guided by His Spirit around the many pitfalls that we may and often times encounter as this life that is filled with danger and evilness brought on by sin; we can call on the Lord being assured of His help.
In this life we will encounter trials and tribulations; even though we may go through the valley of dark days fear not because God is with us (Psalm 23:4).
We are sustained by God; so fear only God with reverence.
We welcome your comments
Author's contacts:

No comments: