Welcome to Inspirational Discussions

It is a pleasure to have you visit and share with me in my discussions, blogs and Christian studies.

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

A Living Sacrifice



Romans 12:1

I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

What is Paul saying in this verse? Paul is saying that because of God's agape love and His profound mercy that was granted to us by His Son Jesus Christ we as believers should willingly show expressions of gratitude by giving Him our reasonable service. We can't pay God for what He done for us, but we can say thank You God, because justice was demand, but mercy took its place and for this I present my body as an instrument of righteousness in total devotion and obedience to You. I am forever grateful for You sending Your Son Jesus as my propitiator as I lacked the ability to pay my sin-debt.
Offering our bodies as instruments of righteousness is realizing that our bodies are temples of God where His Spirit lives and He cannot and will not live in an unholy place (1 Corinthians 6:15, 19).
Let's look at another reason to present our bodies as living sacrifices is His grace and mercy that is shed upon us daily. God is the essence of our being from the beginning to the end of life and if we be in Christ when this earthly tabernacle is over then we have a heavenly home not made by hand.
Believers, as a living sacrifice we are the lively stones in Christ's church.
Comments are welcome
Author's contacts:






No comments: