Welcome to Inspirational Discussions

It is a pleasure to have you visit and share with me in my discussions, blogs and Christian studies.

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Christians Or Church Folk


Acts 11:26; Ezekiel 37:1-14

…And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church and taught much people, and the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.

I have just finished reading a Christian novel written by a local author, Michele Bowen; as I read and reflected on the actions that occur in many of our Black churches today. I began to ponder some of the conduct by my Christian sisters and brothers and ask myself, where Christ is in this conduct and what does scripture say? I have witnessed love affairs, adultery, gossip, leaders scattering sheep, church fights and splits over things that has nothing to do with salvation and other forms of worldliness that have crept into the church.
The late Rev. Dr. Ozzie Clark would say, "A lot of folk are going to hell through the church," and Rev. Dr. Oscar King's saying is, " going to hell over a piece of chicken." Both sayings are true because everyone in the church is not a Christian and church folk have the biggest fights over things that have nothing to do with salvation. I took the position, I refuse to live in hell and then die and go to hell because I failed to live according to God's Word.
God's Word is given for our benefit which is designed to be a lamb unto our (my) feet and a light unto our (my) path (Psalm 119:105). Christ left His Spirit as a guide for His church and individual believers to keep us walking in God's way. See, sin remains in this world, but Christians are a set apart to shine the light of Christ daily and when we come together to worship it must be done in spirit and in truth (John 4:24) because self-pride, lust, perceived power and self-exaltation have no place in God's house.
Love, passion and desires when focused properly and with godly motives are a good thing. Brotherly love is a commandment issued by Christ (1 John 2:7). Serving in any position should glorify God, edify the body of Christ, grow His church and build God's kingdom and must be done with a spirit of humility.
Being that we are imperfect people and are clay in the potter's (God) hand that is being shaped and molded into His perfect image. Christians, we are in the church as we are the church, but do no have to be church folks-displaying ungodly behaviors.
Comments are welcome.

No comments: