Welcome to Inspirational Discussions

It is a pleasure to have you visit and share with me in my discussions, blogs and Christian studies.

Thursday, October 29, 2020

Fear God: Psalm 27:1-2

 The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? 2 When the wicked, even mine enemies and my foes, came upon me to eat

up my flesh, they stumbled and fell.

Today, our society is filled with hate and fear-mongering; therefore, I came to tell you only to fear God. Why fear only God is because He has the power to destroy body and soul.

We fear God with reverence because He is sovereign, He is Alpha and Omega; He is worthy of all praises, glory, and honor, and He is in total control of all situations. He is the creator and sustainer of all creations.

Therefore, whatever situation we are going through gives it to the Lord in prayer and leaves it there. Hate and fear-mongering are no exception. God, in His own time, will bring all evil to naught.

Isaiah 41:10 asks us to fear not because God is upholding us with the righteousness of His right hand, but because Jesus tells us not to worry because He has overcome the world (John 16:33). He did so on the cross at Calvary.

Fear only God in reverence.

Comments are welcome.

White3285@sbcglobal.net
http://theshepherdministries.org
www.goodshepherdwritingandpublishing.com
https://willie-writing.blogspot.com
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUya5OrWPvzru4dpaTF80KQ

 

 

No comments: