Welcome to Inspirational Discussions

It is a pleasure to have you visit and share with me in my discussions, blogs and Christian studies.

Friday, April 17, 2015

Knowing And Doing God's Will


Psalm 40:8

I delight to do thy will, O my God; yes, thy law is within my heart.

From the Psalmist words, he takes delight in knowing as well as doing the will of God as this is what pleases Him. The question now becomes, how do we know the will of God? We know the will of God through daily Bible reading and then meditating on His Word as well as applying it to our daily lives. God the Holy Spirit provides revelation as to what the Holy Scriptures is saying and their intent. God's Word is a set of instructions sometimes referred as His laws, but are designed for holy living as His Word makes plain how we are to live in obedience to Him.
God has a perfect will and a permissive will; His perfect will is what He desires to happen while His permissive will is what He allows to happen. To be in the perfect will of God is to live in total obedience, love and submission to Him. God's perfect will is that all be saved and spend eternity with Him, but God knew from the beginning of time that many will reject Him and His redemptive plan of salvation and be lost.
Once we know the will of God, the question is how will we respond? Our response should be, Lord I am willing to do thy will as this is what pleases You, just as it pleased You to sacrifice Your Son Jesus for my sins. I am willing to live in holy obedience and service to You.
Lord help me to know and do You will.

Comments are welcome
Author's contacts
white3285@sbcglobal.net
http://willie-writing.blogspot.com
www.goodshepherdwritingandpublishing.com

 

No comments: