Welcome to Inspirational Discussions

It is a pleasure to have you visit and share with me in my discussions, blogs and Christian studies.

Friday, June 27, 2014

Prayer Of The Persecuted



Psalm 7:1-17

O Lord my God, in thee do I put my trust, save me from all them that persecute me, and deliver me; Lease he tear my soul like a lion, rending it to pieces, while there is none to deliver.

This is the second in my five part series on prayer. Our prayer focus in this part is prayers of the persecuted as our scripture texts serves as a model for those of who have and been are currently being persecuted. Verses 1 and 2 get to the heart of the matter as it related to the persecuted. This is because the persecuted realizes that only God can deliver from all persecutions and unless He delivers, then the persecuted is ripped to shreds until there is nothing left.
Many of our sisters and brothers in today's society in different parts of the world are suffering persecutions for their belief in God. The Bible speaks of being persecuted for being associated with Christ, but in due time God will bring all persecution to an end. What do we say to those being persecuted is continue trusting in God because in the midst of suffering persecuting God's hand of mercy is present. Verses 10 and 11 verify that God is near and save the persecuted from their persecutors.
What must we as fellow believers do? Fellow believers are to pray for our persecuted sisters and brothers and provide physical help when and where needed as many of us are currently doing.
Persecuted believers, and non-persecuted in the end we "will praise the Lord according to His righteousness, and will sing praise to the name of the Lord most high" (v.17).
Comments are welcome.
white3285@sbcglobal.net
http://willie-writing.blogspot.com

No comments: