Welcome to Inspirational Discussions

It is a pleasure to have you visit and share with me in my discussions, blogs and Christian studies.

Thursday, February 6, 2014

The Promises Of God

Isaiah 41:10

Fear thou not, for I am with thee; be not dismayed, for I am thy God; I will strengthen thee, yes, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.

The setting for today's discussion is God promising His help to His chosen nation Israel. What we know of God's promises is that they are kept. God is offering reassurances to His people to fear not nor be dismayed simply because He is with them.  This reminds me of the phrase, if God be for you who can be against you. This is true because when you have God He is more than enough. 
Isaiah 51:17 solidifies God's help for His people by stating, No weapon formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment them shall condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is of Me, saith the Lord. What this means is that all believers both then and now is protected by God Himself under His mighty wings of protection. Even those who speak evil against God's people will suffer His judgment. This is because of God's righteousness and all believers have the righteousness of God through His Son Jesus Christ. What a mighty God we serve!
Just as believers during Isaiah's day faced oppositions and many of life's crises so do believers today and generations to come, but all believers have the assurances of God's protective promises. Believers can take comfort in knowing that God is faithful to His promises.
Rely on the promises of God because He is true to His Word.
Comments are welcome
Author's contacts:


No comments: