Welcome to Inspirational Discussions

It is a pleasure to have you visit and share with me in my discussions, blogs and Christian studies.

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Prayer


Psalm 17:1, 6

Hear the right, O Lord, attend unto my cry, give ear unto my prayer, that goeth not out of feigned lips…I have called upon thee, for thou wilt hear me, O God inclined thine ear unto me; and hear my speech.

While writing my fourth inspirational book "A Study Guide on Prayer" I felt compelled to provide some insight into the book and receive feedback from my loyal reading audience by asking some questions regarding prayer. With that being said, allow me to begin by asking the following questions, How do you define prayer? Is prayer you communication with God? Is prayer a form of worship as the prayer lay prostrate before a holy God? Do we see prayer as a place where pride is abandoned, hope is lifted, and supplication is made?  Is prayer the place of admitting our needs, adopting humility, and admitting dependence upon God?  Can we say that prayer is the needful practice of Christians?  Can we agree that prayer is the exercise of faith and hope for all?  Can we agree that prayer is the privilege of touching the heart of God the Father through the Son of God, Jesus our Lord? Can we say that supplication is at the heart of prayer for prayer always springs out of a sense of need and a belief that God is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him (Hebrews 11:6) while adoration, confession and thanksgiving also has a place in prayer?
Allow me to ask just a few more questions in today's topical discussion and they are How often you should or do you pray? Lastly, is there a set position while praying?
Comments are welcome
Author's contact



No comments: