Welcome to Inspirational Discussions

It is a pleasure to have you visit and share with me in my discussions, blogs and Christian studies.

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Be In Fellowship With God


Psalm 16:8

I have set the Lord always before me; because He is at my right hand, I shall not be moved.

If I had to supply my understanding of the term fellowship it would be that Christians have the mind of Christ in that they share the same feelings and emotions as Christ for the sins of this world. Also, I understand the term to mean having a close relationship with God and other Christians. I also understand the word to mean sharing in and participating in the faith community as we share a common trust in one another and God most of all.
Therefore, being in fellowship with God mean Christians are in agreement as to whom God is and His Son's atoning work on Calvary providing salvation to all who believe in Him. It is then noteworthy to say that all believers have a restored fellowship with God and as believers grow in Christ; His presence and counsel is felt (vv 7-11). Being in fellowship with God believers have God's protection (v. 8), joy (vv. 9, 11), resurrection (v. 10) and endless blessings (v.  11), which is the result of our salvation.
Fellowship with God is achieved and maintained through daily scripture reading, meditating on the Word and yielding control of our lives to the Holy Spirit. There is no greater fellowship than with God the Father. This fellowship permeates our soul, which manifest Christ in our lives.
Fellowship with God is an intimate relationship with Him.
Comments are welcome
Author's contact

                                                                                                                       







No comments: