Welcome to Inspirational Discussions

It is a pleasure to have you visit and share with me in my discussions, blogs and Christian studies.

Saturday, September 3, 2011

God's Workmanship

Ephesians 2:10


For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Reflecting on this weekend's holiday, I wondered how we value our work efforts and ethics in both secular and the Christian Community. This reflection took me back to my days of teaching in the public school system where I was a substitute teacher after having spent years in secondary education. The public school system was a culture shock to me. In other words I hated this job not realizing at first I was placed in this position by God to be a blessing to others by imparting life experienced wisdom and knowledge. I was blessed by others as well. After asking God for strength to adapt to my new surrounding the job became easier.


What am I saying? I am saying that God places each of us in positions for His designed purposes. As stated in our scripture text we are God's workmanship created in Christ Jesus to do good works and glorify Him. Before we were created He knew where each of us would be place to give Him glory and honor whether in the secular or Christian Community.

The question that comes to mind is how are we to serve? We are to serve with diligence and a willingness that pleases God as each of us is making a contribution to the strength, prosperity and well-being of others, self, communities and our country in both arenas.
Each position is an honored one selected by God-so serve well.


Comments are welcome
Author's contact
http://willie-writing.blogspot.com
white3285@sbcglobal.net

No comments: