Welcome to Inspirational Discussions

It is a pleasure to have you visit and share with me in my discussions, blogs and Christian studies.

Friday, March 12, 2010

Expressions of Gratitude

Luke 16:10-12

Gratitude is expressed as being thankful or appreciative of what God has blessed you with. With that being said we are never to compare our blessing with others because what God has for you is yours and no one can take your blessing. An expression of gratitude is our humility which is having the right relationship with God, others and self in that space and time.

Our appreciativeness of God’s blessing bring into focus our scripture verses as they talk about our being faithful over what we have (least) then God will increase our blessings/responsibilities because this speak to our gratitude and stewardship. Another expression of gratitude is our ability to be happy whether it is little or a lot. Paul comes to mind when he told his followers that he knew how to be happy whether he had plenty (abound) or little. Solomon in Proverbs 28:20 states that “A faithful man shall abound with blessings…” but on the other hand he warns against trying to accomplish riches quickly (partial paraphrase) ---wait on God and He will give the increase.

Another point of view regarding our blessing is recognizing that blessing come from God as divine gifts causing our work to succeed (Deuteronomy 28:12). Our blessing is a sign of God’s presence with us (Genesis 26:3) and is giving us strength, power and the necessary help to succeed (Ephesians 3:16). Lastly, our blessing is God working in and through us to produce good that He may be glorified (Philippians 2:13).
Our expression of gratitude is simply saying “Thanks You God for another day” because He didn’t have to wake us this and every other morning. Regardless of our present conditions is another opportunity to express our love and obedience to our creator and sustainer.
On a personal note, I can see God’s hand working with and through me and I am thankful because when it is time for me to move to the next level it is a smooth transition.
Author’s Contact:
www.goodshepherdwritingandpublishing.com
wwhite@goodshepherdwritingandpublishing.com

1 comment:

Enlightened Love said...

The topic of Gratitude and your wisdom in relation to the topic of Gratitude is extremely helpful to me. Unfortunately, I forget from time to time how much I have to be thankful for. Your blog serves as a reminder that I have been blessed and God continues to bless my life. I hope that I can always remember to express gratitude for my prosperity. And if I forget, I hope that I will have wise people, like you, in my life to gently remind me of my blessings.