Welcome to Inspirational Discussions

It is a pleasure to have you visit and share with me in my discussions, blogs and Christian studies.

Friday, December 5, 2008

Reflections

II Chronicles 7:14

Some time ago I wrote an article “How do we heal our land”; today let’s reflect on some things. First we see this great nation of ours is standing on the brink of a financial melt down. Reflect with me on the large corporations that Congress has had to bail out within the last few months. Many of these companies were icons for many years now no longer exist as they once did or is being backed with government funds; AIG, CITI group, and Lehman Brothers just to name a few. Who would have ever thought the “Big three” would be in such financial distress and especially General Motors.

What does this situation really say about who we place our trust in and what does it say about the leadership of each corporation and our government? If I could reflect on scripture reading where a proud nation was powerful and felt it didn’t need God, and was spreading itself with prowness what the author referred to as spreading her wings as the bay leaf tree (Psalm 37:35 paraphrased). Well, look at these corporations they stood tall as giants among many spread out over the world, but one thing they forgot was who allowed them to achieve such status. These things happen when you take your eyes off God.

The question now becomes how to we get back to God? Our scripture verse makes it plain what is needed, first, we must humble ourselves, second, pray, third, seek God’s face, and fourth, turn from our wicked ways. If America do these four things God promised that He would (a) hear, (b) forgive, and (c) heal this land. We as believers understand this concept, we recognize where our blessings come from. Join with me in praying that our leaders political, heads of states and corporate, redirect their focus and recognize who has the real power, and that is God.

In closing, O, Lord my God in thee do I put my trust (Psalm 7:1) because like Job 19:25 “I know My Redeemer LIVETH”.

No comments: