Welcome to Inspirational Discussions

It is a pleasure to have you visit and share with me in my discussions, blogs and Christian studies.

Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Fear God: Psalm 27:1-14



The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? When the wicked, even mine enemies and my foes, came upon me to eat up my flesh, they stumbled and fell. Though an host should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear: though war should rise against me, in this will I be confident. One thing have I desired of the Lord, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord, and to enquire in His temple.

Living in today's society will cause many to become fearful or experience anxieties; based on our scripture texts the only thing and one to fear is the Lord. This is because His sovereign powers being supreme above all other gods.
The fear that believers are to have of God is one of reverence, honor and respect. That said, having a reverential fear of God is because He has the ability to destroy body and soul. God protects His people as He hides them in the secret of His tabernacle under the shadow of His wings (Psalm 91: 1-4 paraphrased).
Evil men try to instill human fear into others; take heart man can only destroy the body. Let's be reassured of God's awesome protective powers as follows "when the wicked, even mine enemies and my foes, came upon me to eat up my flesh, they stumbled and fell" (Psalm 27:2)
Fear only God because greater is He that is in you than he that is in the world (1 John 4:4).


No comments: