Welcome to Inspirational Discussions

It is a pleasure to have you visit and share with me in my discussions, blogs and Christian studies.

Monday, June 5, 2017

Obedience



Acts 5:29

Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, we ought to obey God rather than men.

Growing up as a child I often heard the phrase, "obedience is better than sacrifice"; I learned the true meaning of this phrase and as I matured in my faith it became more meaningful to me. What my mother was teaching me was to obey her and God's laws instead of what man may say. This teaching is supported by scripture as noted above.
Early in my teaching career, I taught Critical Thinking, which incorporated the philosophy of obedience because life is about choice and when one make an unwise choice it has consequences whereas making a wise choice there is a reward. It is wise to give thought to a decision or action before making either. God has laws that are given for our benefit and are to be obeyed. There are civil laws that are to be obeyed and when broken there are consequences, but when man's laws contradict God's laws then His laws is what we should follow.
Therefore, Peter's sound advice to his audience then and for generations to come has a profound effect when followed. This is because God is supreme and knows all. His ways are best as is His thoughts are far better than those of man.
We are to live holy unto God and obedience is the beginning to holy living.
Comments are welcomed.
Author's contacts:

No comments: