Welcome to Inspirational Discussions

It is a pleasure to have you visit and share with me in my discussions, blogs and Christian studies.

Friday, April 28, 2017

A Midnight Talk With God



Psalm 119:62; Acts 16:25

At midnight I will rise to give thanks unto thee because of thy righteous judgments. And at midnight Paul and Silas prayed, and sang praises unto God: and the prisoners heard them.

Today's topical discussion is reflecting on the power of prayer and the results of prayers being made to God. Acts 16:25 gives a vivid reminder of the power of prayer; when Paul and Silas was bound in prison they held a midnight prayer meeting and God sent an earthquake as His method to free them. In doing so the jailer and his household were saved.
There are several lessons that can be learned form Paul and Silas' prayer meeting, an they are; (a) take all your troubles, burdens, and concerns to God in prayer with an assured belief that God will deliver. This brings into focus 1 Peter 5:7; we are to cast all our cares upon God. We are to leave the situation in God's hand. (b) If you are going to pray then don't worry, if you are going to worry after you pray is showing a lack of trust in your prayer. (c) God is the deliverer and He delivers His people.
Let me to close by giving a personal testimony; I was facing heart surgery; that night around midnight I prayed and asked God to take His holy finger and open my arteries. I proceeded to go to sleep; on the morning of the surgery the doctor told me I didn't need the surgery because the artery was open and for me to go home. This was almost twenty years ago. My current prayer is that next year I still will not have to have heart surgery to replace a valve. I praise God constantly and will continue praising and thanking God for His deliverance.
I understand why the Psalmist was continually thanking God for His goodness, grace and mercy, because He surrounds us daily with His everlasting love.
Yes, there is power in prayer whether you pray at midnight, early in the morning or even at noon, just pray knowing God hears and He will deliver.
There nothing like a midnight prayer meeting.
Comments are welcome.
Author's contacts:

No comments: