Welcome to Inspirational Discussions

It is a pleasure to have you visit and share with me in my discussions, blogs and Christian studies.

Friday, March 25, 2016

Christ's Seven Last Words



Luke 23:34
Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they do.

I was led by the Holy Spirit to reflect on today being Crucifixion Friday the day our Lord went to the cross atoning the sins of the world. Around the world many will be will be in worship service reflecting on the work of Christ. For me I say thank You Lord for doing what I could not do.
Take notice of Christ's first words and what were His last works and the significance of each. Christ began by asking God to forgiven them (humanity) for they do not know what they do (Luke 23:34). His second word, Truly, I say to you, today you will be with me in Paradise" (43), third word, "Woman, behold thy son" (John 19:26),"Behold thy mother" (John 19:27). Fourth word "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"(Matthew 27:46; Mark 15:34). Fifth Word, "I thirst" (John 19:28). Sixth word, "It is finished" (19:30). Christ's seventh word, "Father, into your hands I commend my spirit"(Luke 23:46).
Just as Christ finished His work here on earth providing salvation to all who believe, and as believers we died with Christ on Crucifixion Friday and rose with on Resurrection Sunday morning to a life of righteousness. Believers, when this earthy life is over our spirit returns to the Father to live in His heavenly mansion not built by hands.
That said, we owe our all to Christ our Redeemer who liveth (Job 19:25).
Comments are welcomed.
Author's contacts


No comments: