Welcome to Inspirational Discussions

It is a pleasure to have you visit and share with me in my discussions, blogs and Christian studies.

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Facing Your Enemy With Confidence


Facing Your Enemy With Confidence
Psalm 3:1-8

Lord, how are they increased that trouble me? many are they that rise up against me. Many there are (be) which say of my soul, there is no help for him in God. But thou, O Lord, are a shield for me, my glory, and the lifter up of mine head. I cried unto Lord with my voice, and He heard me out of His holy hill.

Beginning the second in our series of discussions on the life of God's people and the obstacles we face while on this Christian journey. Today's focus discussion answers an implied question of how do we face our enemy with confidence while facing sin from every side? The short answer is to walk closely with God while wearing His protective gear as outlined in Ephesians 6:11-18. This is because knew the fight that His people would face while in this world. Verse 3 also provides an answer to the implied question by stating that God is our shield who lifts up His people. Also, God is our refuge, our high tower, and our deliverer (Psalm 18:2). Given all that God is, believers can take refuge in His deliverance from every situation while knowing He will not forsake His people.

Believers can also take confidence in knowing that God asks us to cast all our cares upon Him and He will take care of them (1 Peter 5:7). God would not make such request if He weren't going to keep His promise. God is true to His Word; He keeps His promises.

Your comments are welcome
Author's contacts
white3285@sbcglobal.net
http://willie-writing.blogspot.com
www.goodshepherdwritingandpublishing.com



No comments: