Welcome to Inspirational Discussions

It is a pleasure to have you visit and share with me in my discussions, blogs and Christian studies.

Friday, May 22, 2015

A Midnight Talk With God



Psalm 4:1-8

Hear me when I call, O God of my righteousness; thou hast enlarged me when I was in distress; have mercy upon me, and hear my prayer. But know that the Lord hat set apart him that is godly for Himself; the Lord will hear when I call unto Him.

This is the third in our series of discussions that focused on the lifestyle of the righteous; today's focus is our Midnight talk with God. While traveling through life and being bombarded with the trials of life sometimes requires believers to have a midnight talk with God with the assured confidence that He hears and will answer our cry. There is no one better to talk to than our heavenly Father and in His loving way simply rocks us to sleep after assuring us that all is well. This brings into focus 1 Peter 5:7 when the Lord asks that we case all our care upon Him.
What gives believers the assurances that God will answer our prayers? God answers the prayers of all those who have a personal relationship with Him and completely trust God in every situation, (vv 5, 8). God also hear and answer those who honestly desire His help (vv 1, 3, 6). God also answer the prayers of His people who have devoted themselves to Him and seek to do His will. See, God's people are His prize possessions who have been set apart from this world as His peculiar treasure.
Let me close by saying that some of my best talks with God are at midnight when there are just me and God while knowing that just a little talk with God makes everything alright. I often heard my late mother speak of her midnight talks with God.
Have you talked God at midnight? He hears and answers anytime you call.

Your comments are welcomed
Author's contacts



No comments: