Welcome to Inspirational Discussions

It is a pleasure to have you visit and share with me in my discussions, blogs and Christian studies.

Friday, March 13, 2015

The Lord My Shepherd



Psalm 23:1-6

The Lord is my shepherd I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in the green pastures; He leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul; He leadeth me in the path of righteousness for His name sake.

This is the second in a series of looking at God's protection. In yesterday's discussion our focus was the good shepherd; today's focus is more personal by focusing on the Lord as each person's personal shepherd as He cares and provides for each person's needs regardless of the need. Each verse in this psalm makes the point of the Lord being every person's shepherd. All humanity can call God at the same time and never get a busy signal. What a mighty God!
If comfort is needed, the Lord provides, if shelter is needed, the Lord provides if food is needed, the Lord provides even if we are traveling through what the psalmist call dark valley days, the Lord is there with His Spirit carrying us out of the valley where joy, peace and love abounds.
The Lord's goodness and mercy is with every believer forever. His goodness and mercy is shown to non-believers as He wakes each person each day of their lives. The sun shines on non-believers and believers alike so does the air all humanity breathe.
When we say the Lord is means ever present in every situation. It also says the Lord is with us every minute of the day for all the days of our lives.

Comments welcomed
Author's contacts





No comments: