Welcome to Inspirational Discussions

It is a pleasure to have you visit and share with me in my discussions, blogs and Christian studies.

Monday, June 30, 2014

A Midnight Talk With God



Psalm 4: 1-8

Hear me when I call, O God of my righteousness; thou hast enlarged me when I was in distress; have mercy upon me, and hear my prayer.

Over the last four days we have been discussing prayer from different perspectives; today our focus is a midnight prayer meeting. Today's scripture texts reveal the faith of the righteous when sincere prayers are made to God. This comes from a fervent prayer life and righteous living. This takes into account the faith of the believer in God's faithfulness to him/her in answering prayers. Also, the faithful believer realizes that they have been set apart to serve at the pleasure of God and sometimes suffering is part for being in God's family (v.3).
Who can forget the midnight prayer meeting Paul and Silas had and the result was God sent an earthquake to free them. Paul's jailer and his household were saved as they witnessed the marvelous work of God. Remember the plight of the Hebrews boys in the fiery furnace and Daniel in the lion's den; God delivered them for their faithfulness.
That said, there is nothing more precious than a midnight talk with God, just the two of you; then you can say like the psalmist in verse 7 which states, thou hast put gladness in my heart, and then the prayer can say, I will lay me down to sleep in peace, for You Lord make me dwell in safety (v.8 partial paraphrase).
A talk with God makes everything all right.

No comments: