Genesis 1:27; 2:7,21-23
I raise the following questions in light of the many states in these
United States of America
changing the definition of marriage. There is a landmark case before the court
in Detroit Michigan
attempting to overturn the ban on gay marriages in the State of Michigan as well as the
pressure being put on the Arizona Governor to veto a bill which allows business
owners to refuse services to gay and lesbian couples or people. Also, the ban
on same sex marriages in the state of Texas
was over turned. These states join the many other states that have over turned
the long standing definition of marriages being recognized between a man and
That being said, these questions come to mind that I would like an answer, and they are:
1. When does man's law trumps God's moral Law? Reference these scriptures (Genesis 1:27; 2:7,21-23; Romans 1:22-32). God instituted marriage between man and woman. Same-sex marriages is not of God.
2. How can one judge/man go against the will of the people? The people voted against changing the definition of marriage as between a man and a woman.
3. How effective is our voting rights? Null and void if one man/person is allowed to force his/her will upon the masses.
4. Is this not a democracy where the majority rules?
5. Isn't the rights of the majority being taken away if the ban on same-sex marriage is over turned?
6. During creation, God created male and female of every creature so they could reproduce, How can two of the same sex (parents) reproduce a another human?
7. Will the children of same-sex couples be raised believing in God? If so, what will they be taught about the institution of marriage? And What will they be taught when it comes to the section in the Bible/scripture when God speaks against it? Will the parent say that's not what God intended and there is no punishment for this sin.
Let me say, all scriptures are given by the inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness (2 Timothy 3:16).
God also states in the Ten Commandments that "Thou shalt have no other gods before Me (Exodus 20:3). Man is being deceived by Satan and his lies just as Eve (man) was deceived by Satan in the Garden of Eden which resulted sin entering the human race and man's fall, which broke the harmonious relationship between God and man. Christ our Lord and Savior restored that relationship through His death, burial and resurrection.
Man has set himself up to be a god and this is proven by his humanistic thinking, which is what he feels is right he should be allowed to do. Also, man in his humanistic reasoning feels that he is the highest authority. Wrong! Wrong! God is the highest authority and what is spoken in His Word is the highest and final authority.