Welcome to Inspirational Discussions

It is a pleasure to have you visit and share with me in my discussions, blogs and Christian studies.

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Mustard Seed Size Faith

Matthew 17:20

...Because of your unbelief; for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.

As I was preparing today's message and during my daily meditation time I was reading a devotional by Dr. Charles Stanley and his underline message was faith, which  parallels today's encouragement to have a steadfast faith in God.
Our scripture text states that faith the size of a mustard seed we can do great things. This is true because Christ said it that settles it. I am reminded of my mother's teaching me to stand firm on God's Word when she would say to me "God is no shorter than His Word", which meant for me to trust God in every situation. While navigating the high sees of life I have learned to trust God as He is the captain and everything is under His control. When God says He will never leave nor forsake His children, take Him at His word.
That being said, faith is a powerful force that we as believers have in God (Mark 11:22). It is a work of God that involves our awareness of His presence and the confidence our prayers will be answered (Mark 9:24; 11:23; Philippians 2:13). Being that Christ is the author and finisher of our faith (Hebrews 12:2) our obedience to His Word is the secret to our faith (John 15:7).
A mustard seed size faith can and will move mountains. Believers, we still have mountains in our lives. Have faith.

Comments are welcome
Author's contacts



No comments: