Welcome to Inspirational Discussions

It is a pleasure to have you visit and share with me in my discussions, blogs and Christian studies.

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

The Good Shepherd


John 10:11

I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth His life for the sheep.

I felt the need to visit this topic as I hear many self included complain about what we do not have, but God in His provisional care has made provisions for all our needs. Christians, we are rich beyond measure because God said in His word, I will supply all your needs according to His riches and glory through Christ Jesus (Philippians 4:19); take God at His word. In Psalm 23:1 the Lord declares who He is and we as His people shall not want. What this means is that we lack nothing. God is faithful to His word and has proven Himself to be trustworthy. God asks that we cast all our cares upon Him (1 Peter 5:7).
Would God ask for our problems or concerns if He didn't have the perfect solution? I think not. When there is a bill due and no visible means to pay, tell God about it. He has yet to fail in paying my bills. He is an on time God. Would Christ our Lord and Savior give His life for our salvation if He weren't willing and able to handle all our need? Again, I think not.
The God that I serve is a comforter when needed, a friend in time of need, a mother, father, brother and sister when needed as well a doctor when sick I a sick room. He is a healer and a lawyer in a court room.
The good shepherd is all we need.
Comments are welcome
Author's contact


No comments: