Welcome to Inspirational Discussions

It is a pleasure to have you visit and share with me in my discussions, blogs and Christian studies.

Friday, February 22, 2013

Praying For God's Guidance And Protection


Psalm 25:1-12

Unto Thee, O Lord, do I lift my soul, O my God , I trust in thee; let me not be ashamed, let not mine enemies triumph over me. Yes, let none that wait on thee be ashamed; let them be ashamed which transgress without a cause. Shew me thy ways, O Lord; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me; for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day.

Praying for God's guidance and protection represents a humble spirit that recognizes who God is and His power to answer the prayer's request.  The question now comes, What is our response? The proper response is that we must trust God totally because He is the one who can save our souls as well as destroy both body and soul. Our complete trust in God will be tested when troubles come our way as they will. We must trust God to calm the troubled waters that will steal our joy. God knows the right way for all humanity as many have said yes to God while many have chosen to God and His provisional car.
Saying yes to God we must be willing and ready to follow God's commands, submit to His laws and ways, commit ourselves to holy living before Him (v. 9) while having a reverential fear of Him as our creator and sustainer (vv 12-14) and keep our eyes focused on Him (v. 15). We must remember that God's integrity and uprightness will last forever and this is what all humanity will be judged (v.21). 
Therefore, when God answers our prayers and He will say thank You God; where You lead me I will follow.
Comments are welcome
Author's contacts

No comments: