Welcome to Inspirational Discussions

It is a pleasure to have you visit and share with me in my discussions, blogs and Christian studies.

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Dry Bones In The Valley


Ezekiel 37:1-14

The hand of the Lord was upon me, and carried me out in the spirit of the Lord, and set me down in the midst of the valley which was full of bones. And caused me to pass by them round about; and behold, there were very many in the open valley; and lo, they were very dry.

During my reading and meditation and as I pondered the spiritual condition that is being witnessed in this country; I say this because of the openness of sin and immorality of all kind took me to the above scripture and ask this question, "Can these bones live" (v.3)?
I equate dry bones in our text to sin and the depraved sinful conditions that existed then and now. Today we are witnessing a plethora of sinful conditions that is plaguing our society that makes me continue pondering the above asked question "Can these bones live", and ask these questions, What caused the breakdown of the family structure? What has happened to love thy neighbor as thyself? What has happened to teaching the Ten Commandments? Where has society placed God as a whole in our lives?
Allow me to answer the main question, yes these bones can live because in God's own time He will destroy sin forever, and as His spokespersons continue proclaiming His Word many are going to hear and ask what must I do to be saved? Just as a spiritual restoration took place in Israel (vv 9-10) it going to occur in America. Let me remind you that nothing is out of the will of God, whether it is His perfect or permissive will. His perfect will is what He desires, but His permissive will is what He allows to occur.
Allow me to answer the second question which hopefully will satisfy the other questions by say when we take God out of the picture or remove Him from being first then everything become unbalanced. He is the essence of our being from the beginning to end.
Let me close by saying, in my call to share God's Word I feel like the prophet Ezekiel in the valley of dry bones, but I will continue spreading His Word because I know through His Spirit these bones can live.
"Thus saith the Lord God unto these bones; Behold, I will cause breath to enter into you, and ye shall live" (v. 5).

Comments are welcome
Author's contact




No comments: