Welcome to Inspirational Discussions

It is a pleasure to have you visit and share with me in my discussions, blogs and Christian studies.

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Obey God



Obey God
Jeremiah 7:23

But this things commanded I them, saying, Obey my voice, and I will be your God; and ye shall be my people; and walk ye in all the ways that I have commanded you, that it may be well unto you.

The command to obey God has been God's request since creation; Adam and Eve's disobedience was man's downfall which began when they ate of the forbidden fruit. In our scripture text God is still asking His people to obey His voice while stating the blessings that will be received from obeying God.
Acts 5:29 tells us it is better to obey God rather than man simply because God knows best and His ways is far better than those of man. Most importantly, God is worthy of man's obedience being that God created us in His image and likeness; gave His Son to die for our sins and all who accept His Son Jesus as Savior will spend eternity with God. What a blessing!
I've always heard that obedience was better than sacrifice; with that being said, these questions come to mind, Who would risk going to hell because of disobedience? Isn't it far better to follow instructions than to try finding your own way? For me and my house obeying God is the best way.
Obey God as He is the one true God.
Comments are welcome
Author's contact



No comments: