Welcome to Inspirational Discussions

It is a pleasure to have you visit and share with me in my discussions, blogs and Christian studies.

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

What Does Water Baptism Represent?

Mark 1:8

I indeed baptize you with water; but He shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost.

The word baptism in itself means immersion, submersion (Romans 6:1-4); however the representation of water baptism is the individual has died to the old life and being raised to a new life in Christ. According to Mark 10:38-39 and Luke 12:50, baptism represents the suffering and death of Christ our Lord. Christians baptism gives witness to the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ and all who believe and have accepted Him as his or her personal Savior identifies with Him (Romans 6:3-6; Galatians 3:27) as all believers have died with Him to sin and rose with Him to a new life of righteousness.
Let me close this discussion on a personal note of what water baptism means to me is that on the day I gave the pastor my hand I announced to the world that I believed that Jesus Christ died for my sins and rose for my justification I was telling the world of what had occurred between me and God. As stated in our discussion text it is Jesus Christ who baptized me and all believers with the Holy Spirit into His body.
Comments are welcome
Author's contact
white3285@sbcglobal.net
http://willie-writing.blogspot.com
www.shepherdministries.info.com

No comments: