Welcome to Inspirational Discussions

It is a pleasure to have you visit and share with me in my discussions, blogs and Christian studies.

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Count It All Joy

James 1:2-3

My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; Knowing this, that they trying of your faith worketh patience; But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire wanting nothing.

This discussion is to provide encouragement when we encounter adverse situations as our scripture text provides the reason for counting all situations as joy. Our scripture text outlines two characteristics that are important in our faith walk with Jesus, and they are faith and patience. Faith is the key component to our accepting Jesus as our personal Savior and patience is essential because nothing happens overnight. Yes, we live in a microwave society where everything is instant, but it doesn't work that way with God. He moves in His time not man. Patience is a virtue. Ask for patience as it works perfection in the lives of all believers.

We are joyous when things are well with us, then why not rejoice when adversity come upon us. Adversities maybe God's permissive will to prune all unnecessary weights of hindrance that impedes our faith growth in Him as this maybe the results of Him calling you to service and the called has rejected His call. Whatever the situation is ask God for wisdom and understanding of the situation, and then grow from the situation.


Another school of thought on counting it all joy is that our Savior Jesus Christ suffered, then why not you and I? Christ told His followers that they would suffer because the world hated Him and it would hate His followers as well. We have the assurance that Christ conquerored all and we are conquerors in Him; therefore, don't worry or fret when adversities arise just count it all joy.

In the words of a song I often listen to, "get out of my way don't try to block me, I am running for Jesus I going to make it to the finish line" (partial paraphrasing, artist unknown). Also, in the words of Mark Jackson a basketball sports announcer, when a player makes a great move to the basket he says, "Get out of my way I have an appointment with the rim." Tell Satan and all adversities the same, get out of my way I have an appointment with Jesus."
Comments are welcome
Author's contact
wwhite@goodshepherdwritingandpublishing.com, http://willie-writing.blogspot.com

No comments: